Recreate the flavor of our Montana / Yellowstone Adventure with these sweet and savory bison tacos.
Serves 12 guests + 2 guides
Our guides like to serve regional fare whenever possible and therefore bison tacos make for a delicious, local lunch on our Yellowstone adventure! This recipe comes from guide Andy Austin, who has been known to whip this dish up for 12-18 guests in the back of an Austin Adventures trailer over a Coleman Stove. In the life of a guide, you have to make picnic lunches on the fly—so you won’t find a whole lot of measurements in this recipe. Most ingredients are added as “a dash here” or “a squirt there” when a guide’s in a hurry! Try out your own version of this recipe and play with the ingredients to get it just right for you!
- 4 pounds ground bison meat
- 1 bottle raspberry chipotle sauce
- 16 oz container of raspberries
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- A sprinkle of garlic salt
- A few squirts of Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- Corn tortillas (heated up in a pan with a small amount of olive oil)
- 16 oz package Jalapeño goat cheese to garnish
- Optional add-ons: caramelized onions, guacamole, salsa, cilantro, sautéed peppers, etc.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat on stovetop (or Coleman stove!) Add bison. Stir occasionally, chopping with end of wooden spatula into bite-sized pieces. When meat is close to being completely brown, add raspberry chipotle sauce, Sriracha and spices. Mix well. Continue to stir occasionally. When meat is completely browned, add in raspberries just long enough for them to get warm. When the meat is cooked, spoon onto corn tortillas (that have been heated up in a separate pan with some olive oil) and add Jalapeño goat cheese to garnish. To complete, top with any veggies and additional toppings you desire! Eat and enjoy!