Often referred to as Baja California, it is a Mexican state that borders the United States just below California. From mountain ranges to beaches with adventures for all intrepid types, this scenic landscape is a must-see destination.
Top Five Reasons to Adventure in Baja
1. Indulge yourself in the sensational Baja California-style cuisine and learn a thing or two in the kitchen from a private chef
The cuisine of Mexico is dangerously delectable and incredibly flavorsome. Chicharron and cotija cheese, olive oil, and lemongrass are popular blends of these cultural cuisines. The freshest seafood that is straight off a local boat. The flavors, spices, and fusions are a true treat for all food lovers!
2. Snorkel with the spectacular aquatic wildlife in the Sea of Cortez
Wildly colorful tropical fish, sea turtles, coral reefs, and more… it’s like National Geographic TV come to life right in front of your eyes!
3. Lend a helping hand to local marine wildlife researchers
You can even lend a helping hand to tend turtle nests for local wildlife organizations while visiting Baja. You may even be able to witness one of the baby turtle’s nest hatch and scurry down the beach to their new homes in the sea.
4. Relax in luxury-gone-natural accommodations
It’s truly the best of both worlds. Fall asleep to the sound of the waves coming and going along the sandy seaside as you nestle into your private beach camp on Isla Espiritu Santo (and that’s just one example of the incredible lodgings you’ll be staying in!).
5. Dig your toes into the sand or your paddle in the water as you immerse yourself in Baja’s memorable landscapes
At Camp Cecil, you’ll have the choice of kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, or swimming with marine wildlife as you immerse yourself into the island paradise. Camp Cecil is a National Marine Park, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site that offers unforgettable underwater viewing experiences.