Bill knows history. Here are some of his favorite historical sites.
1. Machu Picchu, Peru: What can you say! A very special spot!!
2. Mont Saint-Michel, France:Fascinating. How were they able to build it? My favorite spot in the whole world!
3. Robben Island Prison, South Africa:One of my heroes is Nelson Mandela, arguably one of the most important political Figures of Our Time. He served many years in this jail. How can so much peace come from so much suffering?
4. Palace of Versailles, France: So big, so beautiful, so important! Louis XIV, the Crowning of Kaiser Wilhelm I, the Treaty of Versailles. Wow!
5. The Museum of Archeology in Bolzano, Italy: Marvel at the display of Otzi, a 5300 year old mummy recently discovered in the Alps!
6. Florence, Italy: Frankly the whole city is a historic site.
7. Mount Rushmore, South Dakota: It’s Awesome!
8.The Beaches of Normandy, France:The beauty and calmness of this area masks its importance in world history!
9. The Bayeux Tapestry, France: What a special part of history. If William had not conquered Britain, It is likely that the British Isles would have been Scandinavian instead of developing their own culture, language and eventually an Empire.
10. Roosevelt Arch , Yellowstone National Park, Montana: Discover that President Grant, President Arthur and President Teddy Roosevelt all had important roles to play in the founding and development of Yellowstone Park.