Some of our favorite places to stay.
1. Fox Island, Alaska: The beautiful, remote Fox Island offers seclusion at its finest. With only eight cozy cabins on the island, you’re sure to find peace whether hiking the back trails through the forest or skipping the island’s perfect stones into Sunny Cove.
2. Friday Harbor House, San Juan Islands: This hotel is the perfect romantic getaway with its stunning views of Friday Harbor, oversized jetted tub, and a cozy fireplace in each room. Wind down your day with a glass of the finest northwestern wine at the bar.
3. Savegre Lodge, Costa Rica: The ideal location to explore the high elevation habitats of Costa Rica, Savegre Lodge sits amongst 400 hectares of cool and refreshing tropical cloud forest. With beautiful gardens, hummingbird feeders, and the tumbling Savegre River on the property, you’re sure to find your favorite niche at this hotel.
4. Hotel le Vieux Logis, Trémolat, Dordogne, France: Hotel le Vieux Logis, Trémolat, Dordogne, France A gem of the French hotellery, the Vieux Logis represent the charm of authenticity in an exceptional setting where ‘Mother Nature’ is at her best. This property has been in the same family for over 450 years. Originally a priory and tobacco barn, the building was renovated. Although the house has been fully redecorated, it has never lost any of its original feel. Every book, every piece of furniture and every armchair is original and holds its individual story old of four centuries. The hotel boasts a superb garden, an outdoor pool, timbered bars & lounges, a pool-room, and extensive kitchens to cater for your needs. A visit to the ‘Vieux Logis’ is quite simply a guarantee of a harmonious atmosphere in a warm, charming and characteristic property.
5. Hotel Meranerhof, Merano, South-Tyrol, Italy: Its central location, the quality of its services, the heated pool – complete with spa and garden – make this a perfect hotel. Breakfast on the terrace, surrounded by the South-Tyrolean Alps complete the picture. Preserving the chic from over a century ago, historic yet modern, this very special hotel in Merano takes you on a journey through time! The friendly atmosphere, its elegant and stylish design as well as the themed rooms and suites ensure that at the Hotel Meranerhof you will immediately feel at home. For over forty years, the Eisenkeil Family has been committed to providing the Meranerhof guests with a home away from home.
6. Jackson Lake Lodge, Wyoming: With fabulous views of the Teton Range, Jackson Lake, and Willow Flats right from your window, you’re never going to want to leave this Grand Teton National Park hotel with its unforgettable views. Grab a drink from the bar and sit outside on the patio as you watch the sun set behind Mount Moran.
7. Arenal Observatory Lodge, Costa Rica: Perched high on a ridge only 1.7 miles from Arenal Volcano, AOL offers the area’s most amazing views of Costa Rica’s most spectacular volcano and Arenal Lake. Make time for yourself to sit outside on the observation deck, not only taking in the impressive views of the volcano but watching for one of the hundreds of species of birds to flit into view.
8. Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming: This classic inn, the largest log cabin in the world, defines “parkitecture” as we’ve come to know it today. Perhaps one of the most famous lodges in the entire world, your trip to Yellowstone National Park will not be complete without at least stepping foot into the impressive lobby with its rhyolite stone fireplace.
9. Adriana, Hvar, Croatia: Perched on the promenade and facing the old city centre, Adriana Hvar’s most stylish boutique hotel boasts the most spectacular panoramic views of the town and the marina. Adriana’s amenities are as diverse as its view – making it a perfect place for you to relax. Adriana offers year-round rooftop seawater swimming pool, Val Marina restaurant, spectacular Top bar, lounge and multi-level garden terraces with stunning views over the sea. Its Sensori spa is a member of The Leading Spas of the World. With clean lines accentuated by fine textured linens, intricately patterned fabrics, splashes of rich color, warm wood tones, and natural materials, the rooms at Adriana are designed to complement the total experience.
10. Salkantay Lodge, Peru: After hiking six hours, ooing and ahhing at every corner, you’ll be happy to set foot in this lodge for a restful night’s sleep. With stellar views of Mountains Salkantay and Humantay, you’ll feel as if you’re living in a dream world. Sitting in the hot tub at night while peering up at the starry night sky will give you a new appreciation for our world’s deserted places.