We’re willing to bet your mom has made you hundreds of breakfasts. This Mother’s Day, return the favor and spoil her with a beautiful brunch or breakfast in bed! Serve these tasty frittatas with a side of fresh fruit and delicious cup of coffee (or mimosa) for the perfect finishing touch. Mama deserves the best on her special day and this is sure to make her feel as amazing as we all know she is!
- 8 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces lox, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packed cups (2 ounces) arugula
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until fluffy, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream, lox, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- In a 10-inch, ovenproof, nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the arugula and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently until the arugula has wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Cook, without stirring for 4 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until set, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Slide the frittata onto a platter.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the frittata into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.