When a guest came to us a few years ago and asked if we could send eight people to eight national parks in 12 days by private jet, we didn’t bat an eye.
“Yes! Of course! We’re so glad you asked!” were our natural replies.
At Austin Adventures, we are in the adventure business, and adventure, by definition, means unusual and exciting. We relish the chance to make unusual and exciting happen for you.
What that really means is as unique as each individual traveler. For some, it means adding a special touch to celebrate a milestone birthday or anniversary to one of our already thoroughly curated itineraries. For others, unusual and exciting means giving us your bucket list and letting us think way outside of the box.
Though some trips may seem complicated, the concept is simple: Tell us where, when, and what activities, and we’ll come up with a dream itinerary for you.
“Thank you Austin Adventures for exceeding our expectations for a custom trip, and enabling us to see everything we wanted in one very busy, fun week.”
-Yosemite National Park custom guest
Still uncertain how it works?
Let us help you dream big by sharing some of our favorite and most extraordinary custom trips we’ve had the privilege of creating and challenge you to bring us one to add to our list.
- Where does an international celebrity chef go to get away with his tight group of friends? To Austin Adventures to plan a custom tour in Tuscany, of course! It’s only fitting a chef would adventure in a locale known for its fresh, flavor-bursting cuisine.
- When we got a call from two ladies in the Philippines who wanted to see a bunch of our national parks and Mt. Rushmore, we gladly put together an itinerary that ran like this: Los Angeles – Yosemite – Oakland – Grand Teton – Yellowstone – South Dakota – Colorado Springs – Denver. Busy? Yes. Worth it? Definitely.
- What is a family to do when their daughter is living in Italy for a summer as part of a choir group? Go watch her perform and build a custom adventure to enjoy while the whole family is there. Venice, Tuscany, the Dolomites; they named it, and we got them there.
- Sometimes when a person turns 60, the island of Kauai calls their name…and the names of their 16 closest friends, too! We can help you celebrate 60 in style.
- We know a vacation can’t solve the depth of pain involved in battling PTSD, but it can sure help. We were honored to build a custom tour in the soul-calming beauty of Yellowstone National Park for 20 veterans last year.
- What does a California-based cycling group do when it needs a different road to ride? Heads to Denmark on a custom tour, topped off with guides who are also avid cyclists! Sometimes customs become cross-ocean bonds.
- The mayor of a city is busy. His family of 13 is even busier. But they still wanted to go to Iceland. We coordinated flexible arrivals and departures from Reykjavik and built a custom that got the fam together for some needed adventure and relaxation in one of our favorite destinations in the world. The fact that the mayor was our mayor made it even more special.
- When a family of five wants a five-star African safari adventure in Namibia for 16 days, we are more than happy to oblige.
- If you just happen to be a famous New York City celebrity who wants to get out of dodge and take the kids out west, we’re happy to share our backyard escape with you. From Grand Teton, to Yellowstone, to Glacier National Park, you can focus on not being the center of focus for a while.
- Got 39 days and an itch to visit Southeast Asia? Let us plan your transportation, hotels, dining, activities, and more. We’ve already done it once.
- We love partnerships, so when the World Wildlife Fund asked us to build a six-day custom in South Dakota’s Badlands National Park to show donors where their funds go, we were honored to help their dream come true.
- Sometimes even dreamers need help dreaming. We love our group of six alumni who call up our very own Carol Austin every year and simply ask, “Where are you sending us this time?” This year? They’re headed to Glacier National Park for their 22nd Austin Adventures custom. Will you top them?
Check out our Customs & Exclusives page for more details.