Why Austin Find a Trip Icon/Ui/Phone Created with Sketch.

Updated Booking Policies


Firstly, it should be noted that Austin Adventures operates with a “family vibe”: We try our hardest to work with every guest who we consider an extension of the Austin family and figure out what works best on a case-by-case basis. We have the power to be flexible where possible, but we still need to stand by our policies in order to work with multiple elements of the business (accommodations, guides, subcontractors, etc.)

For any bookings made before May 31st (including guests who transferred trips from 2020 to 2021 or guests who booked a 2021 trip in 2020) the following policies will apply:

Deposit Schedule
    •  Scheduled Departures: a $500 per guest deposit is requested to hold your reservation
    •  Custom departures: 25% of the total trip cost is requested to confirm your reservation (less any custom trip development fees)

** Please note that deposit amounts may be higher for select custom departures.

Final Payment Schedule
  •  Final Payment remains due at 90 days before travel; however, until further notice, we will allow a courtesy 30-day grace period, allowing final payment to be made up to 60 days from date of travel.
  • Bookings made within 60 days require full payment at time of booking.** We accept ACH payments, personal checks, and most personal credit cards (U.S. funds made payable to Austin Adventures). There is a 2% surcharge to use credit cards for payments other than deposits.
    ** Please note that considerations for alternate payment schedules will be considered upon request.
Rescheduling & Lightened Cancellation Policies
  •  Option 1: Reschedule your trip
    •  Up to 60 days prior to departure date, we are allowing a no-questions-asked rescheduling of your trip with no penalties or fees. If you do not know your future travel date, your deposit funds will be placed in an escrow account without having to commit to where or when. Your trip credit can be transferred to any adventure, any time.
  •  Option 2: Cancel your trip
    •  If you decide to cancel your adventure outside of 90 days, $300 per person will be forfeited and $200 per person will be refunded. Alternatively, we can put your $500 per person deposit amount in escrow to be used for travel at a future date.
    •  Between 90-61 days from travel if you wish to cancel on a trip scheduled to “run,” we will place 25% of your funds in an escrow account to be used as credit to any future adventure. We will refund the remaining 75% of your payment.
    •  Between 60-31 days from travel if you wish to cancel on a trip scheduled to “run,” we will place 50% of your funds in an escrow account to be used as credit to any future adventure. We will refund the remaining 50% of your payment.
    •  From 30 days until time of departure, if you wish to cancel on a trip scheduled to “run,” we will place 50% of funds in escrow for future travel and 50% will be forfeit to cover nonrefundable trip costs.

** For any bookings made on or after June 1, 2021 our standard terms and conditions will apply.

** Please note that our rescheduling and lightened cancellation policies do not apply to Wildland bookings and some custom trip departures (ask your Adventure Consultant for details).

Austin Adventures Trip Postponement

We will do everything in our power to not postpone a trip within the 30-day window. In the unlikely event that Austin Adventures must postpone a trip due to federal, state, or local authority, governmental intervention, national park closures, or our own decision, we are offering the following policy:

• For trips postponed by Austin Adventures within 30 days of travel, 100% of your funds will be kept in an escrow account. A credit equal to 110% of the price you paid for the actual tour can be used for another trip through 2022. The full value of the credit must be applied to a new reservation prior to December 31, 2021.

** As we’ve learned over the past few months, what makes sense today may not make sense tomorrow. Please understand that we reserve the right to change these policies without prior notice due to fluidity and unpredictability of today’s current world.


On behalf of the entire Austin Adventures team, we THANK YOU for sticking with us during these challenging times. We won’t let you down. As always, we are available 24/7 for any additional questions or concerns you may have. It’s that simple:

Dan Austin, CEO & Founder [email protected] 1-406-671-6067
Kasey Austin, President [email protected] 1-406-860-6853
Carol Austin, Adventure Travel Consultant  [email protected] 1-406-671-6068

Sign Up To Get Trip Information Straight To Your Inbox!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.