Not many people know that nestled deep in an offshoot of the Grand Canyon is a hidden treasure: an oasis of cascading waterfalls, spring-fed travertine pools and lush, verdant vegetation. It's called Havasu.
- Trek through narrow side canyons as you make your way to Havasu base camp, accessible only by foot
- Cool off in the travertine-rich waters at the base of the thundering 100-foot Havasu Falls
- Trek shin-deep through turquoise streams and meadows of wild grapevines en route to Beaver Falls, rated by Outside Magazine as ‘One of the Top Ten Day Hikes in the US’
- Explore an old galena mine and hunt for fossils in Carbonate Canyon
- Send a postcard from the Native American village of Supai, the most remote village in the country, where food, mail and supplies are delivered by packhorse
- Relax in the mineral-rich waters of a natural whirlpool before feasting on grilled lemon pepper chicken and wallowing in the quiet comfort of your deluxe base camp
Photo: Havasu waterfalls
One of my favorite parts of this trip was watching my three girls tackle their fears. They tried things they would never normally try, like jumping off of waterfalls, and climbing down rock walls. I also loved our guides - watching the three of them get so much enjoyment out of what they were doing was inspiring for all of us.
Barbara Morris Greenwich, CT
5 days/4 nights
Day 1: Scottsdale
Day 2: Hualapai Hilltop/Supai Village
Day 3: Rock Falls/Havasu & Carbonate Canyons
Day 4: Beaver Falls
Day 5: Back to the rim/Scottsdale (departure)
Located at the entrance of the Grand Canyon Caverns.
Nights 2 - 4: Deluxe Havasu Base Camp
The only private Base Camp in the Grand Canyon, Deluxe Havasu Base Camp is situated near a 100-ft waterfall. Fully-provisioned and thoughtfully appointed, the camp is equipped with hammocks, freshly laundered sleeping bags, camp chairs, a wash station and picnic tables.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 5 days/4 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 03, 2014
- From $1,548 / person
- ($80 single supplement) Children: $1,478
- Aug 03 2014
- Sep 07 2014
- Sep 18 2014
- Oct 09 2014
- Oct 23 2014