Cradled between two continents and two seas lies a land as wild and primeval as any on earth: Costa Rica. Protected on this tiny isthmus are more species of wildlife and flora than any other place on the planet.
- Rappel down thundering waterfalls and sail through the trees on an adrenaline-induced zip-line tour
- Kayak the canals of Tortuguero National Park to a soundtrack of exotic birdsong, watching for monkeys, caimans, crocodiles and turtles
- Paddle the exhilarating Class III-IV rapids of the Pacuare River, ranked one of the Top 10 rivers to raft in the world by National Geographic
- Explore the trails around Arenal Volcano, on the hunt for spider monkeys, coatis and toucans
- Enjoy a glass of wine and the stunning volcano views at the Arenal Observatory Lodge
Photo: Tucan on a tree
Probably the best vacation we have been on. Guides were fantastic. This trip was over the top!
Bill & Anne Wentz Naperville, IL
7 days/6 nights
San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
- Day 1: San José, evening welcome reception
- Day 2: Tortuguero National Park kayak
- Day 3: Bird Watching/Casa Turire
- Day 4: Pacuare River Rafting
- Day 5: Sky Tram (zip-line tour)/Arenal National Park canyoning
- Day 6: Arenal Volcano hike, transfer to San Jose
- Day 7: San Jose/Departure
Set among 10 acres of lush gardens, the unique and comfortable Hotel Bougainvillea is a place where guests can truly experience the world famous beauty of Costa Rica. Original pieces of Costa Rican art complement the stunning landscaped tropical gardens dominated by tall trees, plentiful flowers, ponds and mountain views.
Accessible only by boat, but still just 5 minutes from the entrance to Tortuguero National Park, this secluded and magical area is sure to amaze you. Located in Costa Rica’s tranquil heartland, Evergreen Lodge is a perfect place to relax.
A gateway to the rain forest and to Costa Rica's world famous whitewater rafting, Casa Turire combines the gracious charm of a colonial plantation home with the relaxed refinement of a Caribbean hacienda. In the heart of the verdant Turrialba agricultural region, this beautiful estate is flanked by the wild Reventazón River with the imposing presence of the Turrialba Mountains as a dramatic backdrop.
Mountain Paradise Arenal Volcano Hotel, Invites you to enjoy a real paradise, with the perfect balance between nature, service, simplicity and comfort. Its uniquely Costa Rican atmosphere, exclusive services (including a spa and gourmet restaurants), make this home away from home a piece of paradise.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Jul 06, 2014
- From $2,898 / person
- ($580 single supplement)
- Feb 16 2014
- Apr 13 2014
- Jul 06 2014
- Dec 21 2014
- Dec 28 2014