Explore imperial cities, majestic castles, whimsical gardens and ancient Roman artifacts on this six-day family adventure along the gentle, meandering path of the Mosel River.
- Explore traditional half-timbered houses in the lively town of Bernkastel
- Explore the remains of a Roman villa in Longuich
- Laugh and learn alongside a local guide as you walk the streets of Neumagen, Germany’s oldest wine village
- Hike into the forest to the fairytale Burg Eltz Castle
- Explore the Middle Mosel Museum, a baroque villa turned museum in Trarbach that displays an example of the wealthy patrician lifestyle during the 18th and 19th centuries
- Climb to the ruins of Metternich Castle, perched above the town of Beilstein
- Indulge in a plate of Germany’s famous apple strudel and relax in the comfort of your hotel as you take in the magic of the Mosel’s timeless charm
Photo: Bike through Mosel Valley
The quaint village of Bernkastel, chock full of half-timbered houses, is great fun for shopping. Be sure to try a glass of the local wine, Bernkasteler Doktor, named after a prince who was cured from his illness after drinking it.
Kavya Bisz ALA Guide
6 days/5 nights
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg (LUX)
Day 1: Trier
Day 2: Neumagen
Day 3: Zeltingen
Day 4: Cochem
Day 5: Koblenz
Day 6: Koblenz (departure)
Originally a country inn, Hotel Eurener Hof is now a first class hotel. Four generations later, it still offers a friendly atmosphere and personalized service. Its traditional architecture has been restored time and again by master craftsmen using natural materials such as hewn stone, wood and natural substances and textiles.
Set beautifully on the Mosel River to the far west of Germany, zur Post provides a good base from which to visit the nearby towns and villages. Enjoy elegant accommodations with modern facilities surrounded by vineyards and forests.
Close to the historical market place, Hotel St-Stephanus is set in the midst of the sunny, picture-perfect landscape of the Mittelmosel Zeltingen Rachtig. Besides elegant accommodations, you will also enjoy succulent dishes from the first-class gourmet kitchen.
Located close to the center of town, Hotel Kessler-Meyer, offers many relaxation options such as a cozy terrace, swimming pool with sauna, whirlpool and Roman steam-bath. It’s also minutes from beautiful, narrow streets full of shops, galleries, and restaurants.
A four-star hotel, Hotel Mercure is located right on the Rhine river in the city center of Koblenz. Here you will enjoy all the conveniences and comfort you expect with exceptional accommodations and a cordial and attentive staff.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 03, 2014
- From $2,698 / person
- ($580 single supplement) Children: $2,158 to $2,428